Re: [squid-users] tune up

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 08:26:52 +0200

On 30.05 07:49, Wennie V. Lagmay wrote:
> Another question, regarding file system, Im using reisersfs for my cache
> partition and I've read that ext3 is faster than reiserfs,

well, some people did tests that showed ext2 is faster. that does not
necessarily mean it is really faster :)

> If it so, is there a way or an option to make reiserfs as fast as ext3?
> what are the parameters to be used for fstab to make reiserfs fast?

generic option noaccess to disable updating access times, and reiserfs
option notail and probably noborder.

> In your experience which is the best file system for squid?

I use FreeBSD, therefore I'm kinda limited to its ufs (with softupdates)
;)

Chernobyl was an Windows 95 beta test site.