[squid-users] proxy auth timeout config

From: Rolf <rolf@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 23:55:03 +1000

hello

Can someone clarify for me the squid config directives that control how
long proxy auth credentials are kept for?

I have basic auth working fine here and I think I set it up for re-auth
every hour. But I have been noticing that sometimes one can go for days
and in any event much longer than an hour before being asked for
credentials again. The username is logged for proxy activity ok, its
just not asking for auth as regularly as I expected. The only perfect
way to get re-auth'd is to quit to restart the browser.

What directives do I need to set to get this working so that say, every
hour, auth is requested (irrespective of user activity)?

thanks

rolf.