RE: [squid-users] squid 2.5 - ipf transparent proxy - FreeBSD 5.3-p13

From: Martijn Broeders - HUB Labs <m.broeders@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 20:12:47 +0200

Hello Henrik and List,

I did some debugging en testing.... and solved the problem.

There seems to be a big difference between STABLE9 and STABLE10
concerning ipnat and the --enable-ipf-transparent make arg.

With STABLE10 you have to do a 'chown root:squid /dev/ipnat'
and a 'chmod g+rw /dev/ipnat' to succesfully enable transparent
proxying (assuming that you start your squid server with the
squid user and squid group).

With STABLE9 you could leave the /dev/ipnat owned by root:wheel,
but with STABLE10 you cannot!

The core dump (described in my first mail with this subject)
occurs when the rights are not good on the ipnat device.

Best regards,
Martijn Broeders