Re: [squid-users] squid running on Linux vs. squid running on FreeBSD

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 14:08:47 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 31 May 2005, Yaser Mahmood wrote:

> Please briefly describe or provide me with some link, I want to know
> about the difference between squid running on Linux vs. squid running on
> FreeBSD. In terms of reliability stability performance

Both (provided proper config) have about the same level of reliability,
stability and performance.

Remember to secure your OS if your server is directly connected to the
Internet, and don't have more network services running than you
actually use.

The general recommendation is to select the one you are most familiar
with, as the OS maintenance is quite different depending on what OS you
select.