Re: [squid-users] compilation of squid-2.5-STABLE8 with --enable-arp-acl

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 14:42:49 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 31 May 2005, thomas wrote:

> Dear All
> At one of installation (Fedora Core 3), requirement arises for squid
> compilation with --enable-arp-acl. I tried to install
> squid-2.5-STABLE8. Steps followed -.
>
> (1)
> removed running squid by running -
> # rpm -e squid
> (2)
> untarred the tar ball squid squid-2.5.STABLE8.tar.gz
> (3) run
> # make distclean
> (4)
> copied the running squid comilation option by running 'squid -v' from
> a working squid box. Appended --enable-arp-acl in the option list.
> Thus configured the source as below.
>
> ./configure --host=i386-redhat-linux --build=i386-redhat-linux
> --target=i386-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix= --prefix=/usr
[...]

Please note that this does not set the exact same paths as the RPM you
were using previously. The RPM overrides several paths in other manners
   - patching
   - make arguments

If you want the new Squid to work in the same manner as the RPM you used
previously get the corresponding source rpm, modify the spec file to have
the configure options you want (and also add a subversion to the release
tag) and rebuild the RPM.

While you are at it I would recommend upgrading to 2.5.STABLE10. You can
find source RPMs from http://marasystems.com/download/squid/ and (slightly
patched) binary RPMs from http://marasystems.com/download/cerberian/