Re: [squid-users] Regex

From: S.M.H. Hamidi <hosseinhamidi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 23:36:55 -0700 (PDT)

Typically in a regular expression dollar sign
indicates the end of line. In this case it means URLs
which ends with pattern ".exe". Ommiting the dollar
sign causes blocking of URLs which contain pattern
".exe" in the middle, e.g. "my.exercise.jpeg".

--- johnsuth@acenet.com.au wrote:

> The mime.conf file employs a dollar at the end of
> regex for file extensions.
> e.g. \.exe$
>
> I omitted the dollar in my own blacklist of
> filetypes, and the ACL seems to deny the
> download of filetypes that I don't want.
>
> How does the dollar make a difference?

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/weekend.html