Re: [squid-users] dnsserver.exe

From: Serassio Guido <guido.serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 19:03:43 +0200

Hi,

At 16.42 01/06/2005, johnsuth@acenet.com.au wrote:

> >> The Squid258 binary that I am using did not come with dnsserver.exe.
>
> >> Will Dproxy.exe do the same job if I put it in place of dnsserver.exe
> in squid.conf?
>
> >> Would it be better to find and use an old copy of dnsserver.exe?

No, if Squid is not build for external DNS, you cannot use any
dnsserver.exe, and the 2.5.8 is build of internal DNS.

> >> Have I totally missed the point here?
>
> >Most likely it's compiled with internal DNS resolver. Does it complain
> >on DNS tests performed on startup? See dns_testnames setting in
> >squid.conf
>
>There is no problem resolving names; I was hoping to cache the results so
>that multiple
>users of the same web page did not all have to wait for a lookup.

Squid still use an internal DNS cache where are stored all resolved dns
entry, see the fqdncache_size squid.conf directive.

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l. - Microsoft Certified Partner
Via Lucia Savarino, 1 10098 - Rivoli (TO) - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.9530135 Fax. : +39.011.9781115
Email: guido.serassio@acmeconsulting.it
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/