Re: [squid-users] query regarding squid

From: squidrunner support <squidrunner_dev@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 01:16:44 -0700 (PDT)

> I have squid installed as a part of red hat
> installation and would like to know the following
>

> 1) How do i know or can find out if my squid is
> installed with the transparent proxy option

By default, squid will be with normal proxy mode
setup. To setup transparant proxy, you have to make
configuration on squid.conf.

If some one installed squid with some setup and
working then you want to know which type it is then,

grep 'httpd_accel_host virtual' squid.conf

If you get some line with httpd_access_host virtual
then it is configured as T Proxy method. Else normal
method. ( It is applicable to squid-2.5-x series only)

Best Regards,
Squid Runner Support
squidrunner_dev at yahoo dot com

Web: http://geocities.com/squidrunner_dev/
Support: runnersupport at gmail dot com

SquidRunner - An Automatic Squid Builder

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/weekend.html