Re: [squid-users] Redirection

From: Basia Nowak <basiamnowak@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 12:08:57 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

--- azeem ahmad <azeem81@msn.com> wrote:

> give some details. which server is connected to
> internet??? with which ur
> lan clients connect, do clients connect to ur
> router???? and u have proxy on
> server A and NAT on server B. do u want ur clients
> request coming through ur
> LAN router to be redirected to ur proxy server A.

OK. Once again.

I have server 'A' and server 'B'. Both had public IP
address (PI status from RIPE NCC).
Server 'A' and server 'B' is connected via switch to
router WAN.

S 'A' ----> Switch <---- S 'B'
             ^

WAN ---------+

So, directly connected to internet is 'A' & 'B'.
Its world access.
Now: On server 'A' (and ONLY) I make squid 2.4 proxy
server.

On server 'B' I make NAT router. People are connected
to internet via server 'B'. Now... I want to force
proxy server on server 'B' from 'A'.

I cannont use simple redir on port with iptables
because these are no any proxy on server 'A'.

Machine on server 'A' is 10x better from machine on
server 'B'. I cannont make NAT on server 'A'.

I make proxy config to make transparent proxy and
proxy works on 8080 port.

Now only 1% users use my proxy ;/

--
I greet