RE: [squid-users] Accelerator and ICP

From: Richard 'toast' Russo <russor@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 20:36:20 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005, Chris Robertson wrote:

> [...]

Thanks, this is a lot simpler than I thought it would be. :)

> Serving as an accelerator is much lighter duty for Squid than serving as a
> general web cache. While you could set the two boxes up as cache peers, I
> don't think you would see much benefit, as each box should be able to cache
> the entire website. Cache peers are really useful when you have more to
> cache than you can fit on one box (like the entire internet).

I need two boxes for redundancy. And actually I'll need four boxes over
two colos if this stays in production very much longer. I'm hoping this
cache is a temporary fix for some big configuration issues with our normal
cache that are beyond my immediate control. So far, our partners have
seen a 50% reduction in traffic attributed to our site with two distinct
caches... And the stats I've run suggest I can reduce that even further
with the caches talking to each other.