[squid-users] Loading of Java applets

From: squid squid <squidusr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 21:47:32 +0800

I have a Solaris SPARC server with Solaris 8 OS and Squid 2.5 Stable10
installed acting as a proxy server and users can only access web
applications via this server. However my client PC is having slow response
when trying to access an application which load java applets thru this squid
proxy server. It takes almost 50sec for the applets to be loaded on the
client PC. However if the same client PC access the application directly,
there is no such slowness problem. Kindly advise what could be the likely
cause of the slowness. Thank you.

Get cheap fares online with MSN Travel http://www.msn.com.sg/travel/