Re: [squid-users] testing

From: squidrunner support <squidrunner_dev@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 04:18:25 -0700 (PDT)

> > I have moved the cache directory and log files
> directory to a new
> > volume and made the necessary changes to the
> squid.conf file but when i
> > start squid there is an error message stating that
> it was unable to
> > create the cache_dir.
> > It for some reason defaults to the original
> location /var/cache/squid
> > I have made the new location /cache/cache/squid

Did you check the permission for /cache/ directory. It
has to be with
cache_effective_user:cache_effective_group.

What is ./squid -NCd10 saying?

Best Regards,
Squid Runner Support
squidrunner_dev at yahoo dot com

Web: http://geocities.com/squidrunner_dev/
Support: runnersupport at gmail dot com

SquidRunner - An Automatic Squid Builder

Discover Yahoo!