Re: [squid-users] how to

From: Muhammad Bilal Ahmad <mbilal@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 13:06:09 +0500

my dear

the squid proxy can work perfectly in this scenario
with the dvb u would be given a range of ips. usually 6 ips are given by ur
satellite provider. ur proxy and ur dvb should be of the same network(the
ips given to by ur satellite provider) you should give ur router secondry ip
from the same network.

now u have the following scenario.
1 ip assigned to router
1 ip assigned to squid proxy machine
1 ip assigned to ur dvb.

remember all these 3 ips would be of the pool ur provider has given u.

now assign the ip of router as the gateway of ur proxy.

in the squid.conf u should make the acl and allow only ips which u have
bought for isp and deny any other ip so that the people should not use ur
bandwidth.

thats all

any other queries are welcom

Kind Regards