[squid-users] Access Logging

From: Ric Lonsdale <ric.lonsdale@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 19:05:30 +0100

Hi All,

I've posted this question before but not received any response from the
list, apart from squidrunner, who I emailed subsequently, to no avail.

My setup is this :-

I'm running stable7 with RedHat E3.0. Staff in my company authenticate
via an iPlanet directory server and we have just started using
SmartFilter content filtering software. Some of these people have a
userid which is their first name, followed by a space, then their
surname.

My problem is this :-

The squid access log presents the userid with %20 in between the first
and last name, as per the example below for the userid joe bloggs:-

1118656272.932 604 JLZGJ0J.axa-uk.intraxa TCP_MISS/200 1215 GET
http://ads.apn.co.nz/jserver/SITE=NZH/AREA=SEC.NATIONALNEWS.STY/AAMSZ=14
0x100/acc_random=81452188/pageid=79485504 joe%20bloggs
TIMEOUT_DIRECT/203.99.65.232 text/html ALLOW "General News"

This is forwarded to SmartFilter, which cannot translate the %20 into a
space, thereby making it impossible to look at detailed reporting on the
userid specified.

My question is, is it possible to get squid to remove the %20 when it
logs internet access (e.g log as joebloggs), or for it to produce the
space in between the names (e.g. joe bloggs)?.
Squidrunner kindly advised me to use sed, but we are using real-time
analysis so cannot run the command against a static log file.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Ric