Re: [squid-users] generated messages

From: Aaron P. Martinez <ml@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 11:47:20 -0500

On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 10:24 -0500, Aaron P. Martinez wrote:
> I'm setting up a transparent proxy and all is working well except that
> it's supposed to be hidden from users and when one of the error pages is
> put up, like the error contacting site or dns errors, at the bottom
> there is a
>
> Generated Tue, 14 Jun 2005 15:16:45 GMT by cache.example.com
> (squid/2.5.STABLE6)
>
> message, can i get rid of that somehow?

JUST so everyone knows, i'm not trying to change the machine name to
something different than the "gethostname" function, i read that part in
the FAQ, and i read that by default the signature is added to the end of
every error page. I guess a better question is how to redefine %s so
that it doesn't say "squid/'version'". We don't want our users to know
there is a proxy in place.

> TIA,
>
> Aaron Martinez

Aaron