Re: [squid-users] how to

From: Muhammad Bilal Ahmad <mbilal@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 00:14:55 +0500

  Dear all

  I am sorry for the late reply due to some busy schedule

  ASim

  u are using ur uplink as a multilink dailup its ok. i have tried this with
VSAT and it worked well at the 1 MB of downlink.

  now one suggestion to make ur uplink on a seprate machine. suppose the
machine on which u run multilink dailup (up link ) has the ip 192.168.0.2
consult ur downlink provider. u must have some ips of the same range. i mean
ur dvb has the ip 192.168.238.238 u must have at least one ip like
192.168.238.239 now if u are not using machine. give it to ur proxy. now u
have the following scnerio

  1) DVB 192.168.238.238
  2) Proxy 192.168.238.239
  3) one machine on which is connected to multilink dailup its ip is
192.168.0.2

  now on ur lan give ur browser the proxy address 192.168.238.239 or run a
trasparent proxy as u wish. and give the default gateway of ur lan machines
as 192.168.0.2

  thats all
  INSHALLAH it will work perfect
  hope for best.

  again sorry for late reply ; (in law it is said justice delayed justice
denied)

  my number is +92-300-4378689

  Kind Regards
  Muhammad Bilal Ahmad