Re: [squid-users] Invalid URL

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 22:21:29 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 25 May 2005, Rost Werner ZFBE GMT-ISN wrote:

> I am using squid with basic authentication. If a user the first time access internet he is asked for login information.
>
> Now there is a strange situation with the following link:
>
> https://www.gmsupplypower.com/apps/r4ps/portal/dt?action=content&provider=DetailContainer&type=4&pageName=UserProfile.jsp&program=UserProfile.
>
> If the user is logged in to squid (that means has already accessed internet) this links works fine.
>
> If the user is not logged in to squid klicking on this link leaads to
> (1) starting Internet Explorer (6.0 SP1)
> (2) asking for login information for squid - user enters this information
> (3) error message: Invalid URL
>
> Während des Versuches, den URL
> /apps/r4ps/portal/dt?action=content&provider=DetailContainer&type=4&pageName=UserProfile.jsp&program=UserProfile
> zu laden, trat der folgende Fehler auf:
>
> Ungültiger URL

Quite broken MSIE browser. Please call your Microsoft support contact or
use another browser.

> Obviously the first part of the URL is cut.

And the second part should NEVER be visible to the proxy as it is supposed
to be encrypted by SSL (https protocol).

As workaround you can set "client_persistent_connections off" in
squid.conf, but this will

   a) Negatively impact performance

   b) Make it impossible to use NTLM authentication as this requires
persistent connections.