Re: [squid-users] Sharing cache data for hostnames with equal content (web acceleration)

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 00:48:15 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005, Anders Nordby wrote:

> I'm using Squid as a web accelerator. Some users like to use addresses
> with www., and some don't. Is it possible to make Squid recognize different
> hostnames/subdomains having the same content?

It depends on your accelerator setup.

You need to make sure your Squid internally normalizes the URLs to one
single form. If you are accelerating a single site (httpd_accel_host,
but no httpd_accel_uses_host_header) then this is done by default, but if
you are acceleating multiple sites (httpd_accel_uses_host_header) then a
redirector may be needed to "clean up" the URLs.