RE: [squid-users] WCCP Setup

From: Maxx Christopher Lobo <maxx@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 15:16:52 -0700

Grant:

Now that your RPM woes are a thing of the past...

BTW: about the wccpv2: patching the SRPM build tree with the visolve
wccp v2 patch requires running config twice -once to patch the tree and
again when the rpmbuild process runs. This generates errors at the end
of the rpm build process. I use --enable-wccpv2 in the build process,
but I've only been successful getting wccpv1 to work properly.

Just as a general question/comment: I run Fedora Core 3, with the latest
RPM version of squid, recompiled from the SRPM and patched with
customlog and with the wccp and netfilter options enabled. I've tried to
get WCCPv2 working using the ip_gre module from 2.6.11, but my mileage
has varied ;-0 Anyone else using-
Cisco 6500/FC3/Squid RPM from SRPM/WCCPv2/2.6.11 with the ip_gre module?

And now, to answer your questions...
------------
6506> show ip wccp web-cache
6506> show ip wccp web-cache detail

Will tell you if they are talking to each other. I use the ip_wccp
module for kernel 2.6.11, and WCCPv1 on my 6509.

The relevant config bits:
-----------
ip wccp version 1
ip wccp web-cache redirect-list 120
!
access-list 120 permit tcp 192.168.10.0 0.0.0.255 any eq www
access-list 120 deny ip any any
!
interface Vlan10
 description Uplink to Firewall