Re: [squid-users] Reverse Proxy for Multiple Domains (http accelerator)

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 09:13:22 +0200

On 17.06 16:10, Brad Taylor wrote:
> I need to accelerate (reverse proxy) multiple domains, both domains need
> to use https (SSL). Can this be done with multiple domains without using
> two Squid servers? I've got squid setup with one domain and https (SSL)
> but would like to had another without using another server. Thanks for any
> help.

Multiple SSL servers usually have more SSL Certificates, what seems to be
the biggest problem. The machine squid runs at will need to have more IP
Addreses and squid will need to have multiple https_port options, one for
each certificate (e.g. with wildcard certificates like *.nextra.sk you can
run more SSLed *.nextra.sk webs on the same IP).

Squid then can forward all requests as HTTP to one or more real servers,
their IP addresses should be probably defined in hosts file (see hosts_file
directive). They can run on one machine and the machine can be the same
squid runs at (and in such case you con't need to use hosts file at all,
just turn off httpd_accel_uses_host_header and turn on
httpd_accel_single_host)

\