Re: [squid-users] Problem setting up SquidNT and NT Authentication

From: Clemens Wohlfart <cwohlfart@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 11:06:59 +0200

hi Tom,
I had a little bit the same problem as yuo last week. I am only used the
basis authentifaction for the clients. I got a good help from Serassio
Guido about this topic . He wrote:

You can find a Window build of NCSA tools in the Squid for Windows
download
page.
http://www.acmeconsulting.it/SquidNT.html

Her are some information about the basic authenfication:

-> You need a passwd-file for the basic authenfication.

-> You must write the username and the password with the programm
htpasswd.exe in this file (you will find the programm at the side http://www.acmeconsulting.it/SquidNT.html)

-> You must write the filename and the name of path file the passwd into
the Sqiud.conf. For example:
auth_param basic program /squid/libexec/ncsa_auth.exe /squid/etc/passwd

 -> I started the process auth_param.exe separat after I have started the
squid proxy

After that it works fine.

Best regards
Clemens