Enc: [squid-users] File Descriptor Limit and ulimit

From: <Rafael.Almeida@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 18:20:51 -0300

Hi;

The way I see if they are running out is to monitor them, via
cachemgr.cgi. Plot it is a good idea too. Remember that when you are using
NTLM authentication, you have to keep at least 25% of unused FDs or
2*reservedFDs, because above that Squid will not use persistent connection
anymore and NTML authentication will fail. Thanks to Henrik that
discovered why I had NTLM problems.
By the way, I created the bug number 1327 about this behavior.

Rafael Sarres de Almeida
Seção de Gerenciamento de Rede
Superior Tribunal de Justiça
Tel: (61) 319-9342

"Brad Taylor" <btaylor@Autotask.com>
20/06/2005 16:39

Para
"Squid Users" <squid-users@squid-cache.org>
cc

Assunto
[squid-users] File Descriptor Limit and ulimit

How do you know what is a good limit for file descriptors? Is their a
way to see if my Squid is running out? I know how to find the limit but
not sure if I have it set right. Does anyone know if CentOS linux
requires a rebuilding of the kernel is the file descriptor is changed?
I'm reading from Squid : The Definitive Guide about File Descriptors and
I'm getting a little confused. I want to make sure I have this setup
correctly on my new squid server.

Brad