Re: [squid-users] cachemanager.cgi on a web server other than Squid

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:23:44 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 Arno.STREULI@ca-suisse.com wrote:

> I try to setup cachemgr.cgi on a web server other than my squid box.
> anyone know what should I do to make it works ?

First step is that cachemr.cgi needs to be built for the OS of the other
box, and installed in a suitable cgi-bin capable directory on the web
server.

Second step is to allow access in squid.conf. Look for manager.

> how did you setup cachmrg.cgi to speak with the squid box ? Is the option
> of configure --enable-cachemgr-hostname

No. It just sets the default hostname in cachemgr.cgi. Now with the
cachemgr.conf added in 2.5.STABLE10 this configure option is mostly
redundant.