Re: [squid-users] Pessimal behavior with Windows Update (Long)

From: Brett Glass <squid-users@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 13:40:28 -0600

At 10:40 AM 6/28/2005, Richard 'toast' Russo wrote:

>Not that this solves the general problem, but for your specific case, have you approached Akamai to request they put one of their caches in your facility?

Two or three times. And each time, they blew us off. Apparently, while they
deployed servers at some small and medium sized ISPs' sites during the .com boom,
they will now no longer locate servers at your site unless you are very large.
They won't even tell you their criteria for deeming you worthy of their presence.
Their attitude seems to be, "Don't call us; we'll call you."

In short, they've put themselves at odds with small ISPs. We would not use
or recommend them.

--Brett Glass