[squid-users] Squid accelerating SharePoint Services server

From: Laurikainen, Tuukka <t.laurikainen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 13:52:44 +0200

Related to a question I asked before on this list about squid 3 as a reverse proxy; has anyone ever managed to use Squid 3 as a reverse proxy for Microsoft SharePoint Services in an https->http schema?
It seems that there's some absolute URL´s in the aspx´s that SharePoint uses (can't confirm though, I don't know much about SharePoint itself and don't administer the server it's running on).
I've tried to work around this with URL redirections but this doesn't seem to be the way to go because of the dynamic nature of the SharePoint concept :)

I've managed to get the main page to load correctly as https, with basic http authentication. The problem resides in the links on the page, which all point to http. Furthermore, the authentication window is presented to the user always when accessing a document in the page.

The relevant parts of my current config:

squid.conf:
http_port squid_ip:80 vhost
https_port squid_ip:443 cert=/path/to/cert/cert.pem key=/path/to/key/key.pem vhost
ssl_unclean_shutdown on
auth_param digest realm my_realm
sslproxy_flags DONT_VERIFY_PEER
redirect_rewrites_host_header off
redirect_program /usr/bin/squidGuard
redirect_children 5

cache_peer the_sharepoint_server 80 0 no-query originserver login=PASS front-end-https=on

The front-end-https is there because of desperate testing :)

squidGuard.conf:
rew sharepoint {
        s@^https://squids_name/sites/@http://the_sharepoint_server/sites/@i
}