Re: [squid-users] NTLM automatic authentification....

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 12:23:57 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, xavier TOP wrote:

> I configure Squid with a NTLM authentification and when i connected in
> my website which uses this authentification, i had always a box with
> username and password...

NTLM authentication to Squid is between your browser and Squid for the
right of using the proxy. It does not provide automatic authentication to
the visited web sites, only automatic authentication to Squid allowing you
to use the proxy.

NTLM authentication to web sites can not be proxied due to a design error
when Microsoft hacked NTLM support into HTTP by bending the HTTP protocol
quite far outside the HTTP standard.