[squid-users] cache-peering using sibling relationship

From: Zia-ul-Hassan Zia <zia@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 22:45:14 +1000

Hi Guys,
I will really appreciate if someone can help in my situation.

We have three Squid proxies and want to share the cache between them using
cache_peer option.These three proxies are at the same level (we don't want to configure them as parent child relationship). My concerns are.

1:- Should I configure all proxies as subling peers
cache_peer proxy1.example.com 8080 3130 proxy-only
cache_peer proxy2.example.com 8080 3130 proxy-only
cache_peer proxy3.example.com 8080 3130 proxy-only

2:- Should we need to define an access list(miss_acl) for neighbour peers
in case of MISSES neighbours can fetch from Internet instead of getting the error message.Does that make sense?

miss_access allow proxy1.example.com
miss_access allow proxy2.example.com
miss_access allow proxy2.example.com
miss_access allow manager
miss_access deny all

Please guide me, if I am missing something

Zia-ul-Hassan Zia
RMIT Infrastructure Services
UNIX Systems
Tel: 992 51964