Re: [squid-users] Performance question

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 17:10:51 +0200

On 30.06 12:07, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> Luckily for RAID0/5 the stripe size often practically eleminates this
> drawback as the percentage of small reads crossing a stripe boundary is
> fairly small.

but big files that cross stripe boundary more times will still be read from
multiple disks. Not that bad as small files, bud still no good.

> RAID0 does not give any performance benefit for Squid as Squid already
> distributes the load among the cache_dirs.

What I meant in my previous post is, that using raid0 might lower the speed
a bit comparing to multiple cache_dirs, because it tends to lower count and
comprehesiveness of sequential reads/writes

Linux is like a wigwam: no Windows, no Gates and an apache inside...