Fw: RE: [squid-users] cache-peering using sibling relationship

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 09:53:31 +0200

Yes, otherwise they won't share the cache :)

I also recommend you turning on cache digests on all proxies.

> 2:- Should we need to define an access list(miss_acl) for neighbour peers
> in case of MISSES neighbours can fetch from Internet instead of getting
> the error message.Does that make sense?

No, I don't recommend you doing that. allowing misses meane allowing
fetching of files that are not in cache directory, which is used for child
proxies - siblings should be only allowed to fetch content that is already
in cache.

> miss_access allow proxy1.example.com
> miss_access allow proxy2.example.com
> miss_access allow proxy2.example.com
> miss_access allow manager
> miss_access deny all

However you should allow fetching misses to your clients/users. Otherwise
they won't be allowed to access pages that are not already in cache(s).

Silvester Stallone: Father of the RISC concept.