Re: [squid-users] purging sites from cache

From: hendra arif <hendraarif.st@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 16:09:16 +0700

On 7/2/05, Payal Rathod <payal-squid@scriptkitchen.com> wrote:
> Hi,

hi..

> We have a few design sites which we change often. My users see the old
> sites, because of caching. I want to remove the sites from cache.
>
> I have in my configuration,
> acl bvdesigns src 192.168.0.0/255.255.0.0
> acl PURGE method PURGE
> http_access allow PURGE bvdesigns
> http_access deny PURGE
>
> I then did,
> squidclient -h 192.168.0.1 -m PURGE http://www.amazon.com/
> HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found
> Server: squid/2.5.STABLE4
> Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 12:42:18 GMT
> Proxy-Connection: close
>
> What is wrong? This is happening for all sites.

i think the best thing to PURGE is to get the newest object from the web source
not to delete the existing object. So the "old web object" can be
replaced by "the new ones". PURGE can be very "nasty" thing to several
hacker. they can wipe out all your caches file.

u can use <ctrl> + F5 to get the newest object from the real server.

> With warm regards,
> -Payal

regards

--