[squid-users] Squid-WCCP Issue with Linux 2.6.12

From: Sam Lee <sam.lee@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 13:11:02 +0800

I've been playing around with Squid (with WCCP on) in the older version
of linux kernel (2.4.x) series and it always works fine.
Recently i've attempted to install Squid (also with WCCP) on a newer box
with the latest linux kernel (2.6.12.2). I've copied over the old
configuration file (squid.conf) and try to up the gre tunnels similar to
the way i've setup the old box. When i've started testing, the
transparent proxy doesn't seem to be working well (in fact, not at all).
I've then attempted to point my browser specifically to use the new
linux box with squid , it work perfectly. This leads me to think that it
might be that the gre tunnel is not communicating with my cisco router.

Any help i can get on this one?

Note: Please let me know if u need more info. Desperately need to get
this up.

Regards,
Sam