[squid-users] How to setup squid & "NTLM" authentication in a AD based network ?

From: Jakob Curdes <jc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 12:35:08 +0200

Hi,

I have a customer who wants to get rid of NTLM autorisation for security
reasons. Up to now, we use it for squid "seamless" autorisation.
I understand that squid can do basic auth against an AD controller via
winbind; but is this also possible for "NTLM" auth, i.e. seamless
autorisation via winbind/LDAP/Kerberos? If so, which helper do I use and
how do I have to configure squid once I have a working winbind setup ?
Note: I do not look for a solution "NTLM autorisation against an AD
controller"; this is possible but unwanted.

I could not find ths scenario in docs or mailing list. I would be glad
for a hint to a working setup.

Yours,
Jakob Curdes