Enc: [squid-users] Problem on Authentication !??!

From: <Rafael.Almeida@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 11:19:16 -0300

This once in a while is during peak hours?
We have this problem here too, mostly with apache authenticating with
NTLM. What I saw is that it is caused by an error in the connection with
the Domain Controller. I made a packet analysis and discovered that the
Netbios connetion opened by apache to authenticate the user is reset by
the DC before the authentication ends. So NTLM fails and a prompt for
user/pass is displayed. I suggest you to take a look on the DC load.
Just my 2 cents.

Rafael Sarres de Almeida
Seção de Gerenciamento de Rede
Superior Tribunal de Justiça
Tel: (61) 319-9342

Arno.STREULI@ca-suisse.com
06/07/2005 05:54

Para
squid-users@squid-cache.org
cc

Assunto
[squid-users] Problem on Authentication !??!

Hello,
My squid 2.5S9 is working fin, whel almost, once in a while it ask me fot
my username/password via a prompt !?
and I can't trace why is that ?

anyone have anyidea how/where I can track trace that problem ?

thanks for your help
Arno Streuli

PS: it's running on Solaris 8 and samba 3.0.14a

DISCLAIMER - E-MAIL
The information contained in this E-Mail is intended for the named
recipient(s). It may contain certain privileged and confidential
information, or information which is otherwise protected from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not
copy,distribute or take any action in reliance on this information