[squid-users] TCP/MISS

From: kashif Mazhar <kaashifmazhar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 10:52:13 +0500

Hello,

I am using two SquidProxies , one is on solaris and other is on Linux,
from last few days i am geeting a very strange problem be noted both
mechine are on the in-side of the PIX. Few days before internet
connectivity of pak goes down due to some back bone problem. From that
time v r using backup links. and from that time a strange problem is
happening with us . That squid on Linux is not working means squid is
running on Linux but those users are not getting service who are
accessing internet from LINUX Squid. and Squid on Solaris is working
fine.
when ever we gave linux squid IP in browser and try to open a page it
shows these 2 errors.

1. connection failed , Netowrk or host may be down.

2. Unable to determine IP address from host name for www.www.cnn.com.com
    The cache was not able to resolve the hostname presented in the URL.
     Check if the address is correct.

when i check the access.log it gave following error:

735440968.538 2711 172.16.1.6 TCP_MISS/000 0 GET
http://www.khattam.com/favicon.ico - NONE/- -

kindly let me know what would be the reason of this error, how could i
get rid of it..

Regards,

Kashif