Re: [squid-users] squid with multiple links

From: Odhiambo Washington <wash@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 12:16:41 +0300

* Wennie V. Lagmay <wlagmay@yanbulink.net> [20050707 10:50]: wrote:
> > This, apparently, is not a squid question. It's a question for another
> > list that deals with networking and load balancing. Squid will be happy
> > to hum along as long as your network layer is up and running
>
> If for example I was able to create a routing to ISP's simoultaneously,
> (with advance routing) do I need to configure squid to take advantage of the
> two links?

To take advantage of the two links as in??
Squid runs on top of tcp, so it will really not know anything to do with
the network layer setup. As long as your routers do what they are meant
to do, I am sure squid will work.
You cannot do the 'multiplexing' within the Squid itself. That's what
I think.

        Best regards,
        Odhiambo Washington
        Systems Admin,
        Wananchi Online Ltd.

Are you hosting your domain name with the leaders??:
See http://webhosting.info/webhosts/tophosts/Country/KE

DISCLAIMER : http://ns2.wananchi.com/~wash/Email/disclaimer.txt
 Odhiambo WASHINGTON . WANANCHI ONLINE LTD (Nairobi, KE)
 http://www.wananchi.com/email/ . 1ere Etage, Loita Hse, Loita St.,
 Mobile: (+254) 722 743 223 . # 10286, 00100 NAIROBI
Junk mail is war. RFCs do not apply.
        --Wietse Venema