[squid-users] Parent Proxy Help

From: <nwhit@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:16:47 -0700

Hello all,

I am having trouble with squid 2.5.STABLE9. I had been running v
2.4.STABLE6 for several years without any problems, but since the
upgrade, I have ran into a few. I have a first up parent that I need to
route all requests through for one specific domain and the rest need to
just be cached on the local squid proxy. I used:
cache_peer 10.2.0.253 parent 80 7 no-query proxy-only
cache_peer_domain 10.2.0.253 .toyota.com

and it has been working with no other specifications. Now it appears
that squid is trying to go direct to the sites for certain (appears to
be cgi pages) pages, such as the main login screen. I have tried
different cominations of:
acl dealer-toyota dstdomain .toyota.com
never_direct deny dealer-toyota
always_direct allow all
..etc..
but I can't force it to go direct for everything but .toyota.com. I
commented out hierarchy_stoplist -- but that didn't fix it either. This
is a transparent proxy running on the firewall/gateway router, with a
direct connect to the internet. The other proxy server is not under my
control.
Like I said, the same config file worked fine for several years under
v2.4.STABLE6, but now I am having issues.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Nathan