Re: [squid-users] Squid authentication with radius server

From: Neil A. Hillard <hillardn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 08:51:09 +0100

Hi,

Abbas Salehi wrote:
> Can anyone help me
>
> How we can config squid to authenticate with radius server,
> The radius server is out of this server and it's separately Server,what
> module should be used for authe program,if you have any guidance or any
> external software ,could you please help me,

I've had RADIUS authentication working in the past, it's relatively
easy, you just need to compile up squid_radius_auth.

This was done using squid_radius_auth-106.tgz, it looks like 1.07 is out
now, available at:

http://www.squid-cache.org/contrib/squid_radius_auth/squid_radius_auth-1.07.tgz

squid.conf contains:

auth_param basic program /usr/local/squid25/libexec/squid_rad_auth
auth_param basic children 5
auth_param basic realm Restricted Access
auth_param basic credentialsttl 1 hours

/usr/local/squid25/etc/squid_rad_auth.conf contains:

server 192.168.1.1
secret sharedsecret

With 1.06 I had to change a hardcoded path in conf.h - SQUID_RAD_CONF
for the location of the configuration file - you may have to do this for
1.07, I'm not sure though.

Combine the with the usual squid ACLs and you should be OK.

HTH,

                                Neil.

--
Neil Hillard                    hillardn@whl.co.uk