Re: [squid-users] Re: Hide squid cache server IP

From: kodel <kodelz@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 19:05:10 +0700

Hi. Abu..

After I'm trying what u said in the previous email
I'm using FreeBSD 5.3 and using ipnat.rules like you said before.
And using squid-2.5STABLE8 and opening port 80 at the 'http_port' in
squid.conf

When I try my client to access the internet with this proxy I found out
that it doesn't work, I try to monitor the connection with 'ipnat -l'
and the nat process is already take place, but the browser client who
access the proxy just stay still.

Is there any other way to monitor/debug the nat process in FreeBSD
so I can make sure what is really happening.. ??

Oya I almost forgot can I combine the
rdr --> which use for intercepting proxy and,
bimap --> for transparent proxy
both in the same machine ?
What Im tryin to do is to redirect some client to use the squid ip as
the outside ip and use some client to use the their own public ip
(transparent mode)

Thank's

-rd-