[squid-users] Squid problem

From: Dan Lyons <dan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:29:21 -0700

Hello,

We've been using squid to cache a large number of images which are fetched
through a CGI script (EG - http://www.whatnot.com/getimage?imageID=115). Some
of these images are getting returned by squid to the web surfer with their
HTTP response attached to the front of the image, thus making a bad image.

In other words, grabbing some of these images we are serving through squid and
saving the content, we see an HTTP "Content-Type: " message at the beginning
of the binary data.

What we've done to solve this, temporarily, is have a script test for these
bad images and execute a squid PURGE on them if they are sour - and they come
out correctly on reload (that is, it's not the same image over and over again
that are experiencing the problem).

Does anyone else out there know of a solution to this or have any of you
experienced such a problem?

Thanks,
Dan