[squid-users] longer time to detect alive peer when increase peer_connect_timeout ?

From: Dieter Bloms <dieter@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 09:55:54 +0200

Hello,

we use squid in the folowwing constalation:

client -> squid -> virusscanner -> internet

because of large uploads I have to increase the peer_connect_timeout to
600 seconds.

If the viruscanners fails the squid detects the dead parent in a short
time even if I increase peer_connect_timeout.

But it seems, that squid takes peer_connect_timeout time to detect that
the parent is up (after restart the parent).

That means if I increase peer_connect_timeout to a higher value squid
needs more time to detect that the virusscanner is up.

Is there an option for squid to detect the (alive) parent in a shorter time ?

--
Gruß
  Dieter