[squid-users] Caching Problem

From: David Schulz <david@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:56:30 +0800

Hello all,

This is my first Post here, so greetings to you all.

My Problem is that Squid is not detecting when a Site changed, thus showing
me old cache Information. I visited http://www.spiegel.de yesterday, and
this morning it is still showing me the content from yesterday, even though
I know for a fact that http://www.spiegel.de should have changed this
morning. When I then click on refresh, it loads the correct updated content
into my Browser. Until the next update of the Site, then I have to click on
refresh again. Why could that be? I did not do much to my config file other
than setting diskd. I did not play with refresh patterns and the like. I
tried this now on a self-made Website from me, and it is the same. I load it
once or twice, it gets in the cache. The I add <p>test</p> to the source of
the page, and reload it in my browser and łtest˛ does not appear on my page
unless I hit reload / refresh. I tried from different Browsers such as
Safari, Firefox and IE. I also tried using a different Server running Squid
with the same result. Somehow my Squid don't get when things are new ;(

I am running Squid 2.5 Stable on FreeBSD 5.4.

Thanks for advice, best regards,

David