RE: [squid-users] Question about proxy auth & blind proxy.

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 10:43:19 -0800

Squid (to the best of my knowledge) is not iptables aware... I'd bet that something in your iptables setup is blocking some network access that the squid startup performs. Do you log denied access in iptables? If not, run a network sniffer when Squid starts. Perhaps it's the initial DNS lookups...

Chris