[squid-users] SQUID Transparent Captive Portal w/ Authentication

From: Lucia Di Occhi <saint_lucy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 13:45:55 +0000

Has anyone implemented a captive portal registration/authentication system
with squid in transparent mode? I am already running the latest stable
squid in transparent mode and I was interested in implementing a captive
portal w/ registration/authentication for some subnets. When a user
connects their PC and gets an IP from a specified subnet, I’d like for squid
to force them to a registration page where they can read our policies and
submit their LAN username/pass before squid will allow access. I know I
could just use an authenticator, but it is important that the users read the
“acceptable use policy” and understand why they are asked for
authentication.

Thanks.