[squid-users] check IP AFTER redirect_program

From: daniele <dada_dna@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 02:14:23 +0200

Hi!
Is there a way to have squid to check the IP address of a domain only
AFTER the url has been rewritten by a redirect_program???

I've written a simple redirect program that does the following:

1- Check if domain name ends in '.scan'
2- If so, downloads the file and scans it, and redirect to a wait page.

But Squid is blocking me: if I try to connect, eg, to:
http://google.it.scan, squid will redirect me to an error page saying it
can't determine the IP address of http://google.it.scan (obviously!!!).

But squid should check the IP AFTER the name has been rewritten!!!