Re: [squid-users] squid Transparent proxy with authentication

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 08:58:32 +0200

On 18.07 08:12, Abbas Salehi wrote:
> Hi guys
>
> sorry for duplication mail,

this is not duplication. This was the third mail and first two your mails
weer answered. Give us some time to answer. And you should read the squid
FAQ (http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ.html) in the meantime.

> Can you advice me how i can configure squid to authenticate without set the
> proxy server ,actully i want transparent proxy with authentication,the
> authentication method is not important,
>
> How we can have transparent proxy with authentication ( both of them)

You will have to use some external authentication because browsers don't
authenticate to proxies they do not know about.

"Where do you want to go to die?" [Microsoft]