[squid-users] weird problem with pdf + IE + Acrobat plugin

From: Hendrik Voigtländer <hendrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 19:58:53 +0200

Hello all,

recently we have noticed a strange problem when browsing pdf from our
own webserver using squid, internet explorer and the acrobat plugin.
Some pdf are downloading really slowly, but when displayed outside the
browser (IE) there ist no delay at all. Dto. no problem with mozilla
(windows & linux, displayed within browser or external).
I've managed to fix the problem by upgrading to an newer squid version,
but I wonder if this is a bug in early squid versions or just the IE
going mayhem with certain (buggy) pdf's.

I just want to know where the source of the problem really is as I am
reluctant to lay all the blame on squid.

Thanks in advance

Hendrik Voigtländer