[squid-users] iTunes Music Store and Squid

Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 08:31:24 +0100

Hi, folks.

I seem to be having a problem accessing the iTMS through my squid proxy.
I've used squid for a few years now, and I'm no expert, but I can't
figure this one out at all.

I'm using iTunes, Windows version.

My proxy is running under Debian Sarge, with squid (version 2.5.9-10).
This works just fine for general web and ftp access, when using a
browser. However, when accessing the iTMS, I seem to be suffering
significant delays, and timeouts.

When I alter the connection settings in Windows, such that it uses no
proxy, then access to the iTMS is free from problems.

The proxy is set-up using a wpad.dat file, automatically detected, and
this works quite properly under Firefox and IE.

I've been unable to discover any apparent problems when having a look
through the various logs, and running squid in verbose non-daemon mode,
hence my recourse to this list.

Thanks.

--
John Kirkland