Re: [squid-users] Problem with Winbind

From: Roman Rathler <squidlist@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 15:07:53 +0200

André Marques wrote:

>Hi Roman!
>
>Your hint helped me to solve one problem: the kernel
>error messages... changing the SE Linux config to
>permissive, made those error messages disappear. Thank
>you!
>
>Other thing i found out was that the problem i had was
>caused by an update on domain controllers. That was
>the Update Rollup 1 for MS Windows 2003 servers, if
>i'm not mistaken... has anybody noticed this kind of
>problem or any other like that? The removal of this
>update made the errors stop.

I also use Windows 2003 Servers with the mentioned patches without
problems... mainly on CentOS with samba-common-3.0.14a-2 patchlevel! Be
sure to have the latest krb5 packages for your distrubition also...

>By the way, now other error is happening. my wbinfo is
>bringing some crap when getting the users and groups.
>Instead of bringing USER and GROUP only, it brings
>DOMAIN_NAMErUSER and DOMAIN_NAMErGROUP, causing
>malfunction on wbinfo when checking the groups.

If you only use 1 domain, then enable winbind use default domain in your
samba config, then the domain fields shouldn't be there!