Re: [squid-users] url failures

From: Joe Acquisto <joea@dont-contact.us>
Date: 31 Jul 2005 21:26:55 -0400

I don't get what you mean, please explain. Do you mean their placement in the
squid.conf?

By looking at the cache.log, I can see the rules being evaluated, or so it seems,
but in the end it says, for instance, "the request GET 'blah' was ALLOWED because it matched 'localhost'"

What I am trying to do is limit certain PC's by IP address, to certain times of the day. Certain times
on MWF and other times on TH and SA.

These are the lines I created, placed where the config.conf comments seemed to suggest:

acl DENYME src 192.168.0.10

acl DENYPC1 time MWF 13:00-15:00
acl DENYPC2 time TH 15:00-17:00
acl DENYPC3 time SA 13:00-17:00

http access allow DENYME DENYPC1
http access allow DENYME DENYPC1
http access allow DENYME DENYPC1
http access deny DENYME

My other issue, with URL's was due to certain ports being not allowed. Fixed that by allowing them
and doing a restart.

joea

>>> Daniel Navarro<danielnavarro001@yahoo.com> 7/31/05 4:52:38 PM >>>
I may be wrong, but sometimes your rules are working
fine, just bad set and that confuses a lot.

Regards,

 --- Joe Acquisto <joea@hvaccess.com> escribió:

> I cannot connect to some sites that have valid url.
> Also, have instituted some ACL's, which don't appear
> to work.
>
> To attempt to determine why, I set squid.conf to
> "debug_options ALL,1 38,2" and did an "rcsquid
> restart", then tried to access the site. I did not
> see additional debug info in the log. Tried rcsquid
> stop then rcsquid start. Still no joy. Changed to
> "debug_options ALL,1 38,2 28,9" and did restart.
> Still no additional info.
>
> SUSe 8, v2.4STABLE7-93
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> joea