Re: [squid-users] Problem squid at boot

From: Kevin <kkadow@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 20:41:52 -0500

On 8/1/05, mrdlnf <mrdlnf@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Alls,
>
> I installed squid-2.5stable9 on Slackware 10.1,
> I put /usr/local/squid/sbin/squid -DNsY in
> /etc/rc.d/rc.local

Are you sure you want to use the "-N" flag in rc.local?

> But If i reboot or shutdown or unplug power or if the
> power terminated accidentally, message at boot said
> "Squid alerady running" n after that squid didn't
> work.
> i use diskd for squid.
>
> Any have experiences with this problem? or any advice?

The technically correct solution is to ensure that 'shutdown' does a clean
shutdown of your squid daemon, that will fix the majority of the cases
where you might encounter "Squid already running".

Secondly, check that your pidfile is written into a location that will
be flushed
at reboot (e.g. /var/run) . This is OS-dependent, so you might ask on a
Slackware support list.

Kevin